Videos

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Playing at school on a Friday night?!

Many who know me know that I count down for the weekend (and till the end of school, 6 more weeks!) - it's not that I don't like my job (I LOVE it!).  It's just that not working is sooo much better!  That brings me to the question - what was I doing at school on Friday night?  Pat and I decided to take advantage of the rock climbing wall at Waterford.  What a great and inexpensive way to spend a weekend night.  
 
And to top it all off, Bobby and Sara came to play too!  It was fun to spend some time with them as we don't get to very often.


Currently the wall is being redone so some of the routes are still incomplete, at least we hope they are or else these are REALLY HARD routes.  It took me a while to give in and cheat.  I wanted to be a purist on these routes and stick to the marked route, after all, Bobby and Pat did it so why can't I.  But soon, I gave in and cheated a bit in order to make it to the top.

After Bobby and Sara left we took a small break to practice some of our new moves to the cha cha that we learned in our ballroom dance class.  Thanks to Pandora, I just had to type in cha cha in the music box and plenty of songs came on just for us.  We LOVE Pandora!  Since we only know three different steps we couldn't practice too long, then we each took one more climb.  

It was so fun to be there climbing.  I'm kind of hooked on being stuck on the wall, figuring out how to solve the problem, and using my strength (whatever I have!) to accomplish the task.  After last night, I think I might be a climbing addict!

No comments: