Videos

Friday, June 5, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!


The Rich (plus one Welch) Girls went on a trip to Las Vegas this week. I was a bit worried because, if you don't gamble or do other stuff that happens in Vegas, what do you do for three whole days? We filled the time nicely.
Monday morning, Joanne wanted to go to the Bagel Cafe for breakfast. So that's where we headed, unfortunately, no one had the address and Joanne thought it was in Henderson - completely the WRONG direction. We called the cafe and got directions, but they didn't know that we were on the south side of town so these directions also sent us in the wrong way. An hour and a half later and three Einstein Bagel passings and we finally arrived at the Bagel Cafe. It was rather tasty and we all enjoyed a delicious lunch!



In the evening
we were debating what show to see - either "Thunder Down Under" or "Peepshow." In the end though, we all agreed on "V - The Variety Show" and were quite pleased with it. It had this amazing juggler named Wally Eastwood. As he put it, "most people learn to play the piano with the fingers but he learned how to play with his "balls."" He can play tons of songs bouncing his juggling balls onto the keys. It's pretty awesome. The show also featured a rhythmic gymnast who could hula hoop with her leg straight up in the air. (By the way, I was just kidding on the Thunder Down Under and Peepshow comment, Pat didn't quite understand that that was a joke!)

The trip also consisted of lot's of shopping and hanging out at the pool. My favorite part was the make-overs at Sephora. No one else liked theirs but I insist that Marianne looked awesome. And if I say so myself, I looked hot! Too bad I have no clue how to replicate the look!

After the make-overs, we headed across the street to the Bellagio and checked out their garden - it was so cool. I wish I could make plants grow, let alone turn them into lady bugs and snails! We also stayed to watch the fountains out front. The fountains were choreographed to Hey Big Spender, it was impressive.

So we certainly did fill the time nicely wit
hout any gambling....well, I did put a dollar in the slot machine and I came out with a penny!

5 comments:

Kath said...

Sounds like a total blast! Your makeover is very pretty. I never look very good after makeovers. :) It was so fun to see you for a few hours last sunday and WOOT FOR DISNEYWORLD, 09! :)

The Rich's said...

It was way fun, and your makeover was awesome! You'll have to send me your pics.

David and Megan said...

Wow, Anna! You look beautiful! Sounds like a fun trip. Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!
Megan

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Holy crap Anna...you're a babe! P.S. I'm in town for the summer if you want to play tennis, double, or find some mischevious fun!

Melanie Herway said...

Oh what fun! What I would give for a girls getaway. I love that you gambled. Ha ha!